as Timothea Starring
Chris Kelly as Colm
October 16-November 1, 2020! Information on ordering tickets and viewing coming soon!
Click here to enjoy our new video library!
Presenting our 2019 - 2020 Season
Curtain Times: Thursday-Saturday Evenings 7:30 pm, Saturday Matinee 3:00 pm, Sunday Matinee 2:00 pm
ICTC GOES VIRTUAL FOR THE FIRST SHOW OF 2020-2021!
Updated July 13, 2020
ICTC goes virtual for the first show of its 2020-2021 Season!
Sea Marks by Gardner McKay,
October 16 to November 1, 2020
The Irish Classical Theatre Company will kick off its 30th Anniversary Season with Sea Marks by Gardner McKay. This lyrical Irish love story, winner of the Los Angeles Drama Critics' Circle Award (Best Play) and the Canadian National Regional Theatre Award, will be presented virtually. Tickets will be affordably priced at $15 - $25.
A professionally produced, fully staged performance will be filmed at ICTC's home, The Andrews Theatre, and will be available for online purchase October 16 to November 1, 2020. Under the leadership of Executive Artistic Director Kate LoConti Alcocer, this will be ICTC's first digital theatre performance.
Living on a remote island West of Galway, Colm, a lonely fisherman, woos a woman he's glimpsed but once. He courts her by mail, and after a year and a half, romance blossoms, and he arrives in Liverpool. Colm aches to find connection in the arms of Timothea in this strange place she calls home; yet he longs for the sounds of the sea and for the life he has left behind.
Sea Marks, directed by ICTC Associate Director Fortunato Pezzimenti, stars ICTC audience favorites Chris Kelly as Colm and Kristen Tripp Kelley as Timothea. Both are recipients of multiple ARTIE Awards and nominations in multiple categories for productions at ICTC and across Western New York. Notably, Chris and Kristen played opposite one another in ICTC's regional premiere of The Seedbed by ICTC Playwright in Residence Bryan Delaney and The Beauty Queen of Leenane by Martin McDonagh, displaying dynamic on-stage chemistry.
ICTC is partnering for this online production with award-winning, Buffalo-based Pan-American Film Division. Travis Carlson will serve as Project Lead and Megan Gonsalves as Project Coordinator.
Sea Marks by Gardner McKay will be available for online viewing Friday, October 16 through Sunday, November 1. Information on obtaining tickets and online viewing will be forthcoming.
“Sea Marks” is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc. www.concordtheatricals.com
What about the rest of ICTC’s 2020-2021 Season?
A return to live performance is ICTC's goal; but, the safety and comfort of our artists and patrons is our overriding concern. ICTC will strictly adhere to CDC timelines and guidelines for reopening. Plans for the rest of the 2020-2021 Season will be announced as soon as we are able to do so reliably, responsibly, and with confidence. Stay tuned!
News and Reviews
- “a wildly satisfying story of self-destruction” In case you haven’t been shocked into gleeful submission in a while, or … cradled the urge to run into a burning building just for some peace …Read More »
- You’ve got two more chances to see William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” performed by the Irish Classical Theatre Company accompanied by the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra playing Felix Mendelssohn’s overture and incidental music. …Read More »
- The fairies have alighted at Kleinhans Music Hall this weekend in a swirl of sound, color and magic that pulsate throughout the beautiful hall in the woodland romp that is Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer …Read More »
Subscribe, Renew or Become a Member
- Your Membership or Subscription earns you up to $560 in savings and benefits. Save up to $85 off single ticket prices.
- FREE ticket exchange once during the run of each show - a $30 value.
- Your high school student may accompany you FREE OF CHARGE to any or all ICTC productions - a value of up to $120.*+
- Discounted tickets to any or all ICTC shows, up to 4 per show, at just $35 each – a savings of $280.**
- Discounted tickets (up to 4) to The Wake - a savings of $40. Open Rehearsal invitation, 1 per show - PRICELESS.
+Not all shows may be suitable for students of high school age. Parental discretion advised.
** Sorry, this offer is not available for “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” with the BPO.
625 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
The Irish Classical Theatre Company at The Andrews Theatre, is located directly across Main Street from Shea's Performing Arts Center in the heart of Buffalo's Theatre District.
Call our Box Office at (716) 853-ICTC (4282).