Presenting our 2020 - 2021 Season
Curtain Times: Thursday-Saturday Evenings 7:30 pm, Saturday Matinee 3:00 pm, Sunday Matinee 2:00 pm
May 16, 2022
As we return to work today, we remain horrified at the hate crime and massacre that occurred at Tops on Jefferson Avenue on Saturday. It is sickening that racism is alive and well in our country and community, and we recognize the long history of segregation in the City of Buffalo that led to the East Side becoming a food desert, and consequently following Saturday’s attack, leaves many in need of immediate assistance.
ICTC will be accepting non-perishable food donations during regular Box Office hours (10-5 Monday-Friday) at The Andrews Theatre at 625 Main Street, and in addition, at all of our upcoming performances of The Onion Game which runs June 3-26.
We’d like to share the following action items set up to assist our friends and neighbors in their time of need. We will update this list in the coming days and weeks:
- FeedMore WNY is accepting food donations at 91 Holt St. and accepting monetary donations here: https://www.feedmorewny.org/donate/
- Buffalo Community Fridge is accepting food donations at 257 E. Ferry Street of the following items: milk, eggs, cheese, baby food and formula, juice, water, and labeled cooked meats, in addition to all fresh and non-perishable items.
- Black Love Resists in the Rust is accepting monetary donations to go toward the longer-term food access and mental health support fund for those affected by the shooting: https://donate-usa.keela.co/mental-health-and-food-support
- Rooted in Love is working to provide fresh produce, non-perishable items, and personal hygiene products to residents in the community: https://rootedinloveinc.com/donate-to-our-cause/
- Other organizations accepting donations include WNY Mobile Overdose Prevention Services and Colored Girls Bike Too.
Below is a list of additional resources for those who may be in need:
- Crisis Services counselors are available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Johnnie B. Wiley Pavilion on Monday at 1100 Jefferson Ave. Crisis Services 24-Hour hotline is 716-834-3131.
- Food will be available at the Resource Center at 347 East Ferry in Buffalo from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. until at least Friday, May 27.
- Buffalo residents in the zip codes 14208 and 14209 who need help getting to and from a local grocery store can receive a free ride up to $20. The free ride applies to two local grocery stores: Tops Friendly Markets (425 Niagara Street, Buffalo) and Price Rite (250 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo). Those using Lyft can use the code 'BuffaloLyftUp' in the Lyft app to get their free ride.
- Victims’ families have an access compensation program available from the Erie County District Attorney’s Office with the New York State Office of Victim Services. For more information, you can call (716) 858-2400.
We encourage you to join us in following these accounts on social media to stay up-to-date on how we can continue helping this community in the coming weeks and months.
If you have any additional information about how to help the victims, their friends and families and the residents of the East Side of Buffalo, please let us know so we can share on our platforms.
News and Reviews
- In Sarah Ruhl’s play, “Stage Kiss,” two actors named only “He” and “She,” are former lovers who went through a bitter breakup years ago. Now, they unexpectedly find themselves cast as a couple who had …Read More »
STAGE KISS lets Irish Classical shine with one of their strengths – a well-directed, well-acted, high class farce.THE BASICS: STAGE KISS, a comedy by Sarah Ruhl, directed by Fortunato Pezzimenti, starring Tracie Lane and Guy Balotine, part of a talented cast of seven, opened on March 27 and runs through …Read More »
- Is a kiss ever just a kiss? Does every kiss have meaning? Can a kiss in the present be so charged that it propels the couple into a shared past so passionate and …Read More »
625 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
The Irish Classical Theatre Company at The Andrews Theatre, is located directly across Main Street from Shea's Performing Arts Center in the heart of Buffalo's Theatre District.
Call our Box Office at (716) 853-ICTC (4282).