A world of theatre within reach
The Irish Classical Theatre Company is a performing arts theatre located in Buffalo, NY. It presents outstanding productions at The Andrews Theatre, Western New York's only true theatre-in-the-round. In this intimate setting, you’re never more than 10 feet from the stage.
ICTC presents the greatest works of dramatic literature—Irish, international and American classics—and modern plays of exceptional merit, both traditional and contemporary, at the highest level of artistic excellence. So come for a night out in Buffalo, NY and experience the entertainment at the Irish Classical Theatre Company!
HistoryIn 1985, two Dublin-born brothers, Vincent and Chris O’Neill, internationally acclaimed actors and former members of Ireland’s celebrated Abbey Theatre, found themselves in Buffalo, performing Samuel Beckett’s Waiting for Godot in the dining room of a local hotel. They were enthusiastically embraced by Western New York audiences and critics, and together with fellow Dubliners Josephine Hogan and the late Dr. James Warde, formed the Irish Classical Theatre Company. Performing on various rented stages until a permanent home was established at the Calumet Arts Café, ICTC became the fastest growing theatre in the region and led to the building of its new home, The Andrews Theatre, which opened its doors in January of 1999. Now entering its 25th Anniversary Season, ICTC continues to celebrate its strong Irish roots through its choice of repertoire, and by bringing special guest directors, playwrights and actors to the Niagara Frontier to work and to be honored.
- Marcel Marceau, Legendary Mime Artist (1923-2007)
- Milo O’Shea, Acclaimed Irish Actor (1926-2013)
- Ronan Tynan, Irish Tenor, Motivational Speaker
- Kevin McHugh, Director
- Gordon McCall, Director
- Bryan Delaney, Irish Playwright, The Cobbler
- Shay Linehan, Irish Playwright, The Cant
- Jesse L. Martin, Actor, Rent, Law & Order
- Jason Watson, from the first National Tour of Next to Normal
- Alen MacWeeney, Photographer
ICTC and the CommunitySince its inception in 1990, the Irish Classical Theatre Company has been a pioneer in the area of cultural and educational outreach to enrich the community it serves. ICTC is a proud member of the Theatre Alliance of Buffalo, representing Buffalo’s nineteen professional theatres. Find out more here. ICTC works hard to make theatre accessible to underserved/economically disadvantaged segments of the community through our School Matinee Program/Classics for Kids, and Dr. Lydia T. Wright Magnet School. A few organizations ICTC has supported with artistic collaborations:
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra
- Buffalo United Artists
- Buffalo State College
- Geva Theatre, Rochester
- Irish Repertory Theatre Company, New York
- Jewish Repertory Theatre of Western New York
- Paul Robeson Theatre of the African-American Cultural Center
- Shakespeare in Delaware Park
- Studio Arena Theatre
- Torn Space Theater
- UB Center for the Arts
- University at Buffalo, Department of Theatre & Dance
- Ujima Theatre Company
Theatre Seating Chart
Presenting our 2016 - 2017 Season
Subscribe, Renew or Become a Member
- Your Membership or Subscription earns you up to $700 in savings and benefits. Save up to $320 off single ticket prices.
- FREE ticket exchange once during the run of each show - a $25 value.*
- Your high school student may accompany you FREE OF CHARGE to any or all ICTC productions - a value of up to $100.*+
- Discounted tickets to any or all ICTC shows, up to 4 per show, at just $33 each - a savings of $114.*
- Discounted tickets (up to 4) to The Wake - a savings of $40. Open Rehearsal invitation, 1 per show - PRICELESS.
*Sorry, offer not good for Amadeus at Kleinhans Music Hall +Not all shows may be suitable for students of high school age. Parental discretion advised.